Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
If you're in a hurry, form the dough into rolls (instead of rolling it out and cutting with a cookie cutter), refrigerate it, then slice thinly and cook for less time than the recipe calls for. Decorate as desired. This recipe came from my Home Ec class many years ago.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter, then add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll 1/8-inch thick on floured surface, then cut into desired shapes and decorate as desired.
- Original recipe says to bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes at 375°F.
- Time will vary depending on your oven. I could bake them 12 minutes in my old oven, but in my new oven I only bake them 9 or 10 minutes.