Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Not sure where I came up with this but they're good all the same.
Make and share this Sugar Cookie Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- mixed fruit
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375°. Beat sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Roll half of dough at a time 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into 3 inch rounds. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare cream cheese spread, spread about 2 teaspoons spread over each cookie. Arrange toppings on spread. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.