Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my Mom's sugar cookie .
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1 salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and continue creaming until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface to a little over 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes.
- Bake on parchment @ 400 for 8-10minutes, depending on size.
- Let cool and then frost.
- To frost: I use 1 cup powdered sugar(sifted), 1 tsp corn syrup and enough milk to make a nice spreadable consistancy.
Made these to share with a neighbor couple & all were pleased with the results, which were nicely served, unfrosted, along with a banana pudding! Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]