Recipe by Junebug
This recipe is quick, easy, dries hard and shiny and tastes good too. I originally got if from Allrecipes.
Top Review by QueenMommy
This icing is very adaptable. For flavoring, I used 2 drops of clear vanilla, and 1 drop each of lemon and almond extract. I've thinned the icing with milk to make a glaze, thickened a bit with more powdered sugar to pipe, and used it as is to spread on cookies. I really like that it dries to a glossy finish instead of dull (and tasteless) like royal icing.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the powdered sugar and the milk until smooth.
- Beat in corn syrup and vanilla until icing is smooth and glossy.
- If it's too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide icing into separate bowls and stir in food coloring as desired.
- You can dip the cookies, paint them with a paint brush or spread them using a knife or the back of a spoon.