Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Glossy, delicious, perfect icing for those professional looking cookies that you LOVE to bake. You will be so happy to have found this easy recipe! Yum. (Oooops, repeat recipe- but still so good!)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- assorted food coloring
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix well and divide frosting into random bowls determined by the number of frosting colors of choice.
- Add food coloring, mix and drizzle onto cookies. Use back of spoon to spread. Allow 30 minutes for icing to dry before adding/layering colors. Icing should be dry within 90 minutes- depending on climate.
This is great cookie icing and really easy for my 2 year old to help with, we had a lot of funa nd it tastes great. Thanks!
I first used this icing recipe for cut out cookies at Halloween (different dough than this recipe) and I LOVED the way this icing spread onto the cookies. Used the icing again for Christmas cut-outs. Great icing recipe and will use it exclusively! Thanks!
I just used this tonight, I had a small batch of cookies, about 20, that I wanted to ice with a white icing and then put sprinkles on top, so I halved the recipe. I am not much of a decorator, but I just wanted the sprinkles to have something to stick to. The whole thing went together very easily. I did have to add a tad more milk to make it spreadable, and I had a bit of icing left over, probably enough for 10 cookies. Mine were small, so maybe larger cookies would have used up more of it. I would definitely use this again. I could see how it would work well if you used food coloring and piped the icing onto the cookie. Thanks for posting the recipe.