Recipe by MaryMc
My mom got this recipe from my first-grade teacher when she was Room Mother for our class. Kids love to paint it on. The colors are bright, and the cookies dry with a hard glaze that stores and travels really well.
- egg white, slightly beaten (not foamy)
- powdered sugar, sifted
- food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix egg whites and sugar, adding sugar until glaze is the consistency of enamel paint.
- Add food coloring (don't skimp--you can get nice, bright colors with this stuff).
- Brush on cookies with a watercolor paint brush.
- You can sprinkle on decors while glaze is still wet.
- Let dry overnight.