Recipe posted by request. From a Bisquick cookbook, "In the Kitchen With Kids" section. **Note refrigeration time for dough.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except Bisquick and decorator sugar/icing.
- Stir in Bisquick until soft dough forms; cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Roll out dough, about 1/4 at a time, on surface sprinkled with flour.
- (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll).
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie-cutters.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- If using, sprinkle with colored sugar/decorating sugars.
- Bake 5-7 minutes, until edges are light brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Ice if desired.
I tried this because I had plenty of Bisquick. It was so easy and delicious. I separated the dough into fourths to refrigerate so it was easy to keep the dough chilling while I rolled them. The dough rolled perfectly. The cookies don't expand much so they keep their shape. I recommend removing them from the pan within 2 minutes of removing them from the oven or they stick to the pan.
Great flavor and super easy. Really liked the taste the almond extract added - a little twist! The tip to roll out only a portion of the dough at a time was a big help. If it gets too warm, the dough starts to get sticky, etc. Will be coming back to this recipe for years. Thanks for sharing!
very yummy and so easy. I used vanilla extract. Thank you so much