Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a magazine clipping, these were demolished at Christmastime!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat first 4 ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer until blended.
- Beat in egg and 1 tsp. vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in flour just until blended.
- Divide dough in half.
- Wrap separately; chill 30 minutes.
- Roll out ½ at a time on floured surface to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut cookie with cutter.
- Place ½ inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 350° oven 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Decorate as desired.