2 hrs 8 mins
This classic recipe is from Tupperware. I have used it for 20 + years with good result. I have tried other but always make a batch of these for Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy.
- 2Add egg and flavorings and mix well.
- 3Sift dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture.
- 4Store covered in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 375º.
- 6Divide dough in half.
- 7Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- 8Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 9Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- 10Cool, then decorate with egg yolk paint.
- 11EGG YOLK PAINT 1 egg yolk, beaten ¼ tsp.
- 12water Food coloring Prepare one recipe of egg yolk paint for every 2 colors desired.
- 13Combine egg yolk and water and mix well.
- 14Divide into 2 small containers.
- 15Stir in food coloring.
- 16Keep tightly covered until ready for use.
- 17If paint thickens, add a few drops of water.
- 18Paint as desired for a colored glaze, and add colored sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookie Cut Outs
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 44.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g