Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This classic recipe is from Tupperware. I have used it for 20 + years with good result. I have tried other but always make a batch of these for Christmas.
- Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg and flavorings and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Store covered in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- Cool, then decorate with egg yolk paint.
- EGG YOLK PAINT 1 egg yolk, beaten ¼ tsp.
- water Food coloring Prepare one recipe of egg yolk paint for every 2 colors desired.
- Combine egg yolk and water and mix well.
- Divide into 2 small containers.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Keep tightly covered until ready for use.
- If paint thickens, add a few drops of water.
- Paint as desired for a colored glaze, and add colored sprinkles.