1/1 Photo of Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I had misplaced this recipe and recently found it again. When DD was in Kindergarten the children had to take turns bringing a snack to school for everyone to share and DD loved to bring these cookies. I love this recipe because it doesn't require refrigeration before rolling out and because the cookies always turned out beautifully. The recipe is from a little booklet called Wilton Christmas Recipes & Ideas. Note: If you're using margarine, be sure to use the hard margarine that comes in a brick like butter, not soft tub margarine.
My Private Note
small t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- 3Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- 4In another bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- 5Add the flour/baking powder mixture one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. (The dough will be very stiff; blend the last flour in by hand.).
- 6Do NOT chill the dough.
- 7Divide dough into 2 balls.
- 8On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
- 9Cut cookies into desired shapes, dipping cookie cutters in flour before each use.
- 10Decorate with gel and crystal sprinkle decorations, if desired.
- 11Bake on ungreased baking sheet on middle rack of oven for 6 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- 12Cool 2 to 3 minutes before removing and cooling on a baking grid/cooling rack.
- 13You can sprinkle cocoa powder on the cookies if desired (looks good if you're making reindeer shaped cookies).
- 14Cookies may be frozen in a tightly sealed container for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 67.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g