Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this recipe through a couple websites pinned on Pinterest. I adjusted the frosting to my preference. I really liked the flavor of the cupcakes, but I may try using sour cream instead of half and half next time
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (half a brick)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. At least 2 minutes, longer with a hand held mixer.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add salt and baking powder and mix just until combined.
- Incorporate flour, mixture will be thick.
- Add in half and half and mix thoroughly.
- Original directions say to divide batter into 12 cupcakes, I got 14 and they were all filled well.
- Bake 18 to 20 minute If you are new to baking with your oven check them at 16 minute Mine were done in 18. I checked mine with a toothpick, needs to come out clean.
- Cool cupcakes.
- To make frosting, allow both the butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature. If it is a hot day don't let them get too warm.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese for at least 3 minute You should be able to tell that you have 2 ingredients in the bowl. You want a light yellow color with a fluffy look.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, incorporating well. Don't forget to scrape the bowl frequently! :).
- Add vanilla and 2 Tbsp. of half and half. Check consistency for frosting, add more half and half until you are happy with the thickness of your frosting.
- Frost and enjoy.