Recipe by Food.com
Recipe courtesy of Kelsey Nixon and Cooking Channel. Cook's Note: An offset spatula is a great tool for spreading the cookie dough. If the dough seems a little soft, flour your hands before working with it, or chill the dough in the refrigerator. Original recipe: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/kelsey-nixon/sugar-cookie-crust-fruit-pizza.html
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 cup sliced nectarine
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10- to 12-inch tart pan or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth using a handheld mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the creamed butter, and mix until blended. Remove the dough from the bowl and press it into the prepared pan. (You may need to dust your hands with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to them; it is a wet dough when it comes together.) Bake until the edges just start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the spread: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and salt until smooth. Spread evenly on the cooled crust.
- For the glaze: Add the marmalade, 2 tablespoons water and the herbes de Provence to a small skillet and cook over medium heat until loosened and warm.
- To assemble: Arrange the fresh fruit in the desired pattern on top of the pizza. Brush the fruit with the glaze. Slice and serve.