1/3 Photos of Sugar Cookie Bars
I love sugar cookies, but there is a lot of effort that goes into making them. This recipe makes it so much easier!! I like to bake mine for exactly 10 mins. They are a little under cooked, but I think that they are better that way. Don't bake any longer than 15 mins... They seem to dry out more while baking. Keep it to 10 -12 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature (I use half butter, half margarine.)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups flour
- 1Bars: In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Mix in vanilla and almond extract.
- 2In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt & baking soda. Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined.
- 3Spread on a greased, rimmed baking sheet (use a 13 x 18 pan). The dough will be just like cookie dough- heavy & sticky- so it’s best to spray your hands with a little nonstick spray and use them to help mold the dough into the pan.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees for 10 mins - 15 mins, until light golden brown or until a toothpick comes out clean. (I like to slightly under cook mine. I take them out at 10 minutes exactly. They are not brown at all, but I think that they are better this way.).
- 5Cool completely before frosting.
- 6Frosting: In a large bowl, beat butter, vanilla, almond extract and salt.
- 7Add powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) until combined.
- 8add milk & mix until smooth and spreading consistency.
- 9Add a few drops of color, if desired.
- 10Spread over cooled cookie, then cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g