Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
easy nice recipe.
- 118.29 ml cold butter
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs, large yolks only
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- decorating red and green sugar
- Preheat oven 300 degrees.
- Line flat no sided cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter and crisco until mixed only about 40 seconds
- Add in the sugar just til blended.
- Add in the soda, and salt, and cream of tartar.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Add in the yolks.
- Add in the flour, and just blend until a dough comes together.
- Roll into balls a little bigger than a hazel nut, but smaller than a walnut.
- Roll into coloured sugar.
- Place onto parchment two inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
- The 12 minutes mark seems to be the one everyone here has good results with.
- Dont let cookies brown on edges, but golden light bottoms.
- They are still puffy looking when taken from the oven.
Great tasting sugar cookies, the 'you can't just eat one kind of cookie' that made a hit at our house. The ingredients were right on for a good sugar cookie, came together to make for a light, lovely crisp cookie great to serve for any occasion. Have always suspected the addition of cream of tartar makes for that lovely crispness. Into my favourites cookbook for this one! Thank you andy another great recipe added to my collection.
there were alolt of stuff that was uneeded but they are delicious!