Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
My Sister-In-Law makes these nuts for the holidays. They are so easy to make and will disappear quick, so make a couple batches, give them as gifts or simply put in a candy dish around the house during the holidays. So Yummy!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
well I would never have thought to add sour cream to a cooked coating mixture but it worked, it gave the nuts a very slight tangy flavor, will make again, thanks for sharing V!...Kitten:)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups walnuts (halves) or 3 1⁄2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1st 3 ingredients until sugar melts.
- Cook to soft ball stage (236 degrees).
- add 1 tsp of vanilla.
- mix till mixture begins to thicken.
- Add 3 1/2 C walnuts or pecans stir till coated.
- turn out on greased platter or cookie sheet till cool.
- When cool enough to touch break them in pieces.