Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are buttery and crispy!... for the holidays use colored sugar :)
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- sugar, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter with confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg whites until combined.
- In another bowl combine the flour with baking powder and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Roll into about 1-1/2-inch balls, then coat in the sugar.
- Place on baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.