Recipe by Carmen B.
With a taste of orange and chocolate. How could you go wrong. Try using colored sugar to dip these into instead of just white. I've dipped them in red and green sugar for Christmas and orange sugar for Halloween.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine orange juice and peel; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine flour and salt and gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Strain reserved oranje juice/peel mixture. Drop cookies quickly in juice, then roll in additional sugar. Let dry.
- Store in an air tight container.