Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A coconut sugar candy. For the serious sweet tooth.
Make and share this Sugar Cake (Trinidad) recipe from Food.com.
- Boil sugar and water to from a light syrup.
- When bubbles the size of small pearls appear, add grated coconut and cream of tartar.
- When the coconut mixture leaves the side of the pan easily (No syrup must be running out), remove from the heat and beat with a spoon for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the almond extract and food colouring of your choice, if desired.
- Drop by spoon onto a greased tray for free form sugar cakes or put to cool in a Pyrex dish and cut into squares.
I love this recipe!!!
I was right..... the girls were bouncing off the walls. It was really good tho. My dentist thanks you!!!