Recipe by ktdid
These are SO good- my family just gobbles them up. Think shrimp, with a thin, crunchy sweet/hot coating.
Top Review by trotty
This was very good. I didn't have allspice or lime and I didn't have fresh ginger so I used powdered, but other then that I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. Fast and easy also.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (30-40 count or lb)
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and lime wedges together in a medium bowl.
- Roll the shrimp in the sugar mixture a few at a time and set them on the prepared baking sheet. When all the shrimp have been coated, sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the shrimp on the pan.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the sugar has started to caramelize in spots.
- Remove shrimp from oven. Transfer to serving plates. Squeeze lime juice over them and serve immediately.