1/2 Photos of Sugar Baked Ham
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Since finding this recipe, it's become my favorite way to cook ham. My family loves the crunchy crust that bakes on the ham...very yummy! The recipe came from a cookbooklet that I received in one of our swaps. Very Important Note: be sure to use a fully cooked cured ham which only needs to warmed through for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a roasting rack inside a roasting pan that has been lined with foil.
- 2Place the ham, flat side down, on waxed paper.
- 3Making sure not to cut into the meat, lightly score the layer of fat on top of the ham in a diamond pattern,.
- 4Combine the granulated and brown sugars; set aside.
- 5Brush the top of the ham with mustard; coat evenly.
- 6Press the sugars onto the mustard making sure to coat the ham evenly.
- 7Place the coated side of the ham up on the roasting rack.
- 8Roast at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until heated through evenly.
- 9Increase the temperature to 450 degrees and roast the ham until the crust is crunchy (should take about 15 minutes).
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Baked Ham
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.1
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 4620.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 61.4 g