Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
takes a little extra preperation,but the results are so worth it..!
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 -2 tablespoon apple juice
- in large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg.beat till light and fluffy-2-3 minutes --
- add flour and 3/4 tsp apple pie spice, mix well.
- shape each half into flattened disc.wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- on lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time -- to a 12x6" rectangel.
- keep other dough refrigerated --
- cut dough lengthwise in half.cut each half in 1" wide sticks.
- place sticks 1/2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes. or edges are lightgolden brown.
- repeat this procedure with other portion of dough.
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- in small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients till smooth.adding enough apple juice for desired glaze consistency --
- spread glaze and let set before storing cookie sticks.
- cool on rack.and glaze:.