Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I used to make these around Christmas when my boys were younger. Now that they're grown, I haven't made them much as there's no one to help me eat them now! The recipe's on a yellowed newspaper clipping so I wanted to put it here so I didn't loose it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter,sugar, and molasses with electric mixer; beat in egg.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually mix into creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins.
- Chill dough.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface;cut into desired shapes with sharp-edged cookie cutters.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven 10-12 minutes(baking time varies with size of cookie).