Recipe by GaylaJ
Great munchies for a party, or just to keep around to snack on or sprinkle over a salad. Don't think of pumpkin seeds just as a Halloween treat--they taste delicious and have many health benefits as well. Adjust the cayenne to suit your own taste and heat tolerance (I used the full amount and next time will probably add more). Adapted from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by HealRacMT
These are absolutely delicious! I doubled the recipe and it came out just fine with no problems. I used all the cayenne recommended and it had quite the kick! Thanks for such a delicious, easy recipe!
- 2 cups pepitas (green hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking sheet with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper or nonstick foil).
- Mix all ingredients and spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until pepitas are golden and dry, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes (I baked for around 20 minutes, stirring about every 5).
- Remove from oven and separate pepitas with fork while still warm; cool completely.