Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great munchies for a party, or just to keep around to snack on or sprinkle over a salad. Don't think of pumpkin seeds just as a Halloween treat--they taste delicious and have many health benefits as well. Adjust the cayenne to suit your own taste and heat tolerance (I used the full amount and next time will probably add more). Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 2 cups pepitas (green hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking sheet with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper or nonstick foil).
- Mix all ingredients and spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until pepitas are golden and dry, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes (I baked for around 20 minutes, stirring about every 5).
- Remove from oven and separate pepitas with fork while still warm; cool completely.
These are absolutely delicious! I doubled the recipe and it came out just fine with no problems. I used all the cayenne recommended and it had quite the kick! Thanks for such a delicious, easy recipe!
WOW!!!! Awesome, I will never just only use salt again. Phenominal!!!!
Awesome! For the past few years, I have been using the same pepita/pumpkin seed recipe (pumpkin pie seeds), but this year I wanted to shake it up a bit. This was perfect. I served it a football party for which I had prepared a pumpkin-themed menu. These were completely gone -- people couldn't stay away from them! Thanks for a keeper - I'll definitely be alternating this one with my usual recipe from now on!