1/1 Photo of Sugar and Spice Pepitas
Great munchies for a party, or just to keep around to snack on or sprinkle over a salad. Don't think of pumpkin seeds just as a Halloween treat--they taste delicious and have many health benefits as well. Adjust the cayenne to suit your own taste and heat tolerance (I used the full amount and next time will probably add more). Adapted from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F and spray baking sheet with nonstick spray (or line with parchment paper or nonstick foil).
- 2Mix all ingredients and spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- 3Bake until pepitas are golden and dry, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes (I baked for around 20 minutes, stirring about every 5).
- 4Remove from oven and separate pepitas with fork while still warm; cool completely.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar and Spice Pepitas
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 168.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g