Recipe by Linda Thomas
These are just delicious and I'm asked for the recipe constantly. Can't just eat one!!
Top Review by JAMmom08
These were awesome! I took these to work and was asked for the recipe. However, they did need to bake longer than 50 min. (This may be because I tried to cram too many on my cookie sheet!)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 18 ounces pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites, vanilla, and water together in bowl, until frothy not stiff.
- In gallon size zip-lock plastic bag shake together sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, until well mixed.
- Add the egg mixture and pecans at the same time to sugar mix.
- Zip bag and shake well to cover all pecans.
- Line a large cookie sheet with tin foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Spread out pecans on foil and bake at a 250 degree oven for 50 min, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.