Recipe by ZoeBobNick
Living in the German town of Cincinnati, they sell freshly roasted almonds similar to these at all the festivals. This recipe is very close and I love to give it to friends for the holidays!
Top Review by Saeriu
I didn't have any almonds on hand and the store was already closed for Christmas so I used a mixture of pecans, walnuts, and peanuts. This turned out wonderful and each of the different nuts tasted great. I preferred the pecans myself. I'll try this again in the future. I might try adding cayenne pepper in addition to the other spices for a little hidden kick. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 275f.
- In a large bowl, place nuts; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg white and juice until frothy.
- Add sugar, orange rind, spices and salt, mix well.
- Pour over nuts, stirring to coat well.
- On greased cookie sheet, spread nuts so they do not touch.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes until light brown and crisp, 45-55 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container in cool place for up to one month.