Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Served warm or cold these are great to serve with drinks. Nibble on these nuts!
Make and share this Sugar and Spice Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g blanched almonds, whole
- 125 g pecan nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 g butter
- Melt butter and cool.
- Place the nuts on a flat tray and bake in a moderate oven for 5-8 minutes or until lightly roasted. Place nuts in a lamington tin (28 x 18cm).
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks form, gradually beat in the sugar and cinnamon. Stir in cooled melted butter and pour mixture over the nuts, mix well.
- Bake in moderately slow oven for 30 minutes, making sure to stir nuts every 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
These were quicka nd easy to make and had a good flavor. A good balance between the cinammon and sugar and there was a perfect amount of coating for the nuts. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #46.
These are very tasty, and easy to make. We all enjoyed the flavor very much. The only issue we ran into is that the nuts stayed a little on the mushy side after they were baked. I will definitely make the recipe again and play with the temp a bit to see if I can solve that issue, most-likely I cooked the nuts at the wrong temp or something. Made and reviewed for the 38th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
*Reviewed for Aussie forum recipe swap Oct 09* Fantastic! We loved these nuts. Very easy recipe and tasted wonderful. I used 125g almonds and 300 grams pecans. I did have them measured out but there was plenty of coating for extra nuts to be added. They weren't pretty.....but they sure tasted delicious :) I posted a photo plus another for you to see what was happening during my photoshoot .