Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Served warm or cold these are great to serve with drinks. Nibble on these nuts!
- 125 g blanched almonds, whole
- 125 g pecan nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 g butter
- Melt butter and cool.
- Place the nuts on a flat tray and bake in a moderate oven for 5-8 minutes or until lightly roasted. Place nuts in a lamington tin (28 x 18cm).
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks form, gradually beat in the sugar and cinnamon. Stir in cooled melted butter and pour mixture over the nuts, mix well.
- Bake in moderately slow oven for 30 minutes, making sure to stir nuts every 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
These were quicka nd easy to make and had a good flavor. A good balance between the cinammon and sugar and there was a perfect amount of coating for the nuts. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #46.
These are very tasty, and easy to make. We all enjoyed the flavor very much. The only issue we ran into is that the nuts stayed a little on the mushy side after they were baked. I will definitely make the recipe again and play with the temp a bit to see if I can solve that issue, most-likely I cooked the nuts at the wrong temp or something. Made and reviewed for the 38th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
*Reviewed for Aussie forum recipe swap Oct 09* Fantastic! We loved these nuts. Very easy recipe and tasted wonderful. I used 125g almonds and 300 grams pecans. I did have them measured out but there was plenty of coating for extra nuts to be added. They weren't pretty.....but they sure tasted delicious :) I posted a photo plus another for you to see what was happening during my photoshoot .