Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make these often during the holiday season -- everyone loves them. They also make a great hostess gift in a pretty jar. Thanks to Chatelaine, where I found this gem.
- 1 egg white
- 236.59 ml cashews, unsalted
- 118.29 ml pecan halves, unsalted
- 118.29 ml almonds, unsalted
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Beat egg white in a large bowl with a fork or whisk until foamy.
- Stir in two cups of unsalted nuts until coated (amounts listed are my favourites, but any combination can be used, as can other nuts such as peanuts or walnuts).
- Stir in sugar and spices; toss with nuts until coated.
- Put nuts onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spread out well.
- Bake, stirring often, until golden-- about 20-25 minutes .
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
WOW! These are so easy and soooo tasty! I made them for my sister's bridal shower, and I'm fighting the hands off--hoping there'll still be some left for the party!! The cayenne pepper is very subtle, and a little sneaky (you don't feel it until after a few nuts). I would recommend baking them on parchment paper, because I did have a little trouble getting them off the cookie sheet after cooling, but maybe I didn't grease the pan well enough. Thanks for a super recipe Lennie! I am planning to make lots of these for gifts this year.
Absolutely delicious, made these today to include on our nibbles table for Christmas. And the smell while in the oven was divine.
awesome recipe, easy to make. I couldnt stop eating.---Yum