Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Good for New Years!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup other soft shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- Get a large mixing bowl. Measure the shorting and put it into the bowl. Measure the sugar and pour it over the shorting. Cream them together.
- Get a cup and break the egg into it. Add the egg to the creamed mixture. Beat it with a mixing spoon.
- Measure the molasses and pour it inches Stir everything together. Stir well. Set the mixing bowl aside.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices into a sifter.
- Pour the sifted ingredients onto the molasses mixture. Stir until all the flour is mixed inches Set the oven to 375°F Grease the cookie sheet and ENJOY!