Recipe by Barb G.
These nuts are good for a snack or great for a gift. Recipe can easily be doubled. Also these can be made using Splenda instead of sugar. The recipe comes from Gourmet magazine November 2005. Cooks Note: Candied nuts will keep in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (rounded)
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- parchment paper
- butter, for greasing parchment paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly butter parchment.
- Stir together butter, sugar, corn syrup, spices, and salt in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the nuts and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Spread nuts in 1 layer on lined baking sheet, separating any clumps.
- Bake, stirring nuts once with a heatproof rubber(Silicone)Spatula halfway throufh baking (keep nuts in 1 layer), until golden and bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack 45 minutes, then break into small clusters with your hands.