1/1 Photo of Sugar-And-Spice Candied Nuts
1 hr 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
These nuts are good for a snack or great for a gift. Recipe can easily be doubled. Also these can be made using Splenda instead of sugar. The recipe comes from Gourmet magazine November 2005. Cooks Note: Candied nuts will keep in an airtight container at room temperature 1 week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly butter parchment.
- 2Stir together butter, sugar, corn syrup, spices, and salt in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Add the nuts and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- 4Spread nuts in 1 layer on lined baking sheet, separating any clumps.
- 5Bake, stirring nuts once with a heatproof rubber(Silicone)Spatula halfway throufh baking (keep nuts in 1 layer), until golden and bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack 45 minutes, then break into small clusters with your hands.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar-And-Spice Candied Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.6
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 919.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g