Recipe by under12parsecs
This is how I fix bacon for scrambles, breakfast sandwiches, and just for munching. It is sweet, smokey, salty and just a tad spicy. I especially love it on Turkey Bacon because it makes boring old Turkey Bacon new again!
- 6 slices bacon or 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated is best)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place bacon slices on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. If you are using regular bacon, you may want to add garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I always use the lower sodium bacon and Turkey bacon, so I feel like I can add the garlic salt :).
- Remove from oven, flip bacon and sprinkle this side generously with sugar mixture. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes, until bacon is looking fairly crisp, but not completely done.
- Remove from oven and flip bacon again. Sprinkle this side with sugar mixture and return to oven until bacon reaches your desired doneness. (I usually allow about 5 more minutes.
- Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate to use in other recipes or start digging in, being careful not to burn your little fingers on the melty sugar!