Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is how I fix bacon for scrambles, breakfast sandwiches, and just for munching. It is sweet, smokey, salty and just a tad spicy. I especially love it on Turkey Bacon because it makes boring old Turkey Bacon new again!
- 6 slices bacon or 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated is best)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place bacon slices on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. If you are using regular bacon, you may want to add garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I always use the lower sodium bacon and Turkey bacon, so I feel like I can add the garlic salt :).
- Remove from oven, flip bacon and sprinkle this side generously with sugar mixture. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes, until bacon is looking fairly crisp, but not completely done.
- Remove from oven and flip bacon again. Sprinkle this side with sugar mixture and return to oven until bacon reaches your desired doneness. (I usually allow about 5 more minutes.
- Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate to use in other recipes or start digging in, being careful not to burn your little fingers on the melty sugar!
My husband ate soooooooo much! He betta check hisself befo' he wreck hisself. Just sayin'. Made for Best of 2011 recipe tag.
ok wow this tastes like glazed ham after its done its about easy too great recipe every one should have this one in their cookbook
This sounds like a great recipe! I haven't tried it yet but will soon. We're fellow Troopers!