Recipe by Sue Lau
Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of? Maybe almonds, too!
Top Review by Teresa M
These were great! I did them for the Mother's Day Banquet at our DD's church and we all loved them! Luckily there was just frankly too much food there for them to all get eaten, but what wonderful leftovers! Thanks Sue!
- 1⁄3 cup vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, or pour a small amount of oil, and evenly spread with a paper towel.
- In a small dish, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the almonds with the corn syrup until the almonds are evenly coated; sprinkle on the sugar, stirring to make sure it gets mixed in evenly.
- Spread the coated almonds on the greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly, and the almonds are browned; remove from oven.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet, stirring to prevent sticking and to separate the nuts.
- Store in an airtight container, if they last that long!