Recipe by Sharon123
A classic recipe updated with dried cherries and spinach, replacing raisins and lettuce.Gala apples are perfect for this salad! Adapted from Southern Living magazine. New England, English, Mid Atlantic
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made this for lunch using carrots in place of celery & only 1 tblsp peanut butter as I didn't want the flavour too dominant. This was a lovely fresh tasting salad & simple to prepare. I'm sure I will be making this again. Thanks Sharon!
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large gala apples, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, peanut butter and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir in the apples, celery, and cherries, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Arrange spinach leaves on a serving platter; top with the chilled apple mixture. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and serve! Enjoy!