Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A classic recipe updated with dried cherries and spinach, replacing raisins and lettuce.Gala apples are perfect for this salad! Adapted from Southern Living magazine. New England, English, Mid Atlantic
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large gala apples, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, peanut butter and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir in the apples, celery, and cherries, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Arrange spinach leaves on a serving platter; top with the chilled apple mixture. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and serve! Enjoy!
I made this for lunch using carrots in place of celery & only 1 tblsp peanut butter as I didn't want the flavour too dominant. This was a lovely fresh tasting salad & simple to prepare. I'm sure I will be making this again. Thanks Sharon!
A very tasty way to get some spinach into our family! Even picky DD ate it all (and helped make it, too. One comment was, "Where's the bread? This makes an excellent apple and peanut butter sandwich!" Thank you very much for a wonderful salad recipe.
this was very tasty - I love the addition of peanut butter to the dressing. I also did half mayo & half plain yogurt (both nonfat) and it was delicious.