Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A co-worker brought this cake into work today. It was sooo good that I had to get the recipe.
Make and share this Sue's Very Rich Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the first 8 ingredients (pumpkin through cloves) and put into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over mixture.
- Pour melted margarine over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake 1 hour- no longer!
The cake in and of itself is delicious. However, the topping is beyond delicious. My husband and I both picked at the topping until there was nothing left but the bottom part, which we also loved. Definitely a keeper.
OOOHHH! So good! We ate it while it was still very warm and let me tell you all.....4 adults later and half of the pan (9x13 size) is gone - right to our hips! FYI: I did add 1/4 tsp of nutmeg to it.
This cake is excellent and easy to make too! Thanks mystery girl and Sue.