Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can't get any easier than this. This is my Mother-in-law's recipe. She swears it is the best homemade vanilla ice cream you will ever eat, and I seem to agree with her.
- 2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 2 cups sugar (I use only 1 Cup to make it a bit 'healthier')
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Mix all together in a large bowl.
- Pour into ice cream maker, follow manufacturers instuctions.
- If you prefer, you may transfer into a freezable container to freeze for a couple hours before serving.
This was easy, and everyone who had some liked it. My goal was to use my ice cream maker more often this year - and now I've found a quick way to get that done. I used vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla, which worked out rather well.