Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Everybody loves meatloaf! You can't go wrong serving this! Freezes great too!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 slices reduced-fat white bread
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together beef, onion, garlic, egg substitute, and ketchup in a mixing bowl.
- Pinch bread into small pieces and add to meat mixture; add milk slowly, trying to achieve a sticky but firm loaf consistency.
- You may need slightly less milk, or a little more, depending on the water and texture of your beef.
- Spray a loaf baking pan with non-stick spray; shape meat into loaf and place in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with gravy, or top with bbq or marinara sauce before baking.
A good everyday meatloaf that the family will enjoy. We especially appreciated what the fresh garlic did for it. Ours was very soft before baking and doesn't slice extremely well, but tasted just fine served in chunks. Made for Please Review My Recipe March 2008.