Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Sue shared this delicious recipe with me. I like the brothy version verses the creamy version best, and this is the one I always make. It's wonderful anytime!
Top Review by Let's Cook Lisa!
I love your recipes Linda and knew you wouldn't stir me wrong. This soup is one of the best soups I have ever had and it is for sure the best Tortilla soup I have ever had or made! What a great tasting soup! I let it sit for a day to give the flavors time to meld and boy oh boy, was it worth the wait! Yummy! By the way, DD had it twice in one day, and she is finicky than Morris!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, halves snipped into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart pan, mix broth, salsa, dried tomatoes and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently, 8-10 minutes, until dried tomatoes are tender.
- Mix in 2 T. of the cilantro, and add the lime juice.
- Ladle hot soup into 4 bowls, dividing equally.
- Divide the remaining cilantro, the tortilla chips, corn, avocado and cheese among the 4 bowls.
- If you like sour cream you add a spoonful on top of the soup before serving.