Recipe by Whisper
My sister-in-law makes this every Thanksgiving. It's so delicious! Always a hit with the entire family. Beware, it's quite sweet. Nice company dish with turkey or pork.
Top Review by Sarah in MI
This is really great and easy. I have made this for a few family functions now. I have even divided the filling into graham cracker crusts and served it as pie. Thanks for the great recipe!!!!
- 3 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake sweet potatoes at 450 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Scoop potato from skins and mash.
- Combine potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and butter.
- Place in large casserole.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans.
- Place on top of potatoes in casserole.
- Cover casserole.
- (This can be made a day ahead up to this point.).
- Bake, covered, at 275 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes.