Recipe by Kerena
This recipe came from my sister-in-law's side of the family and is a Thanksgiving favorite for all. This can easily be doubled as we do it every year.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 2 large yams
- 88.74 ml butter, room temp
- 1 egg
- 88.74 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 354.88 ml corn flakes, crushed
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
- Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and then transfer potatoes to a large bowl and add room temperature butter. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Add egg, sugar, spice and beat to blend. Transfer mixture to an 8"x8" baking dish.
- Bake potatoes until beginning to brown around edges and slightly puffy, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare topping. Mix together remaining ingredients in bowl. Spoon topping evenly over potatoes. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes longer.