1/1 Photo of Sue's Super Simple Foolproof Delicious Crock Pot Roast
8 hrs 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Puts together in a snap! Smells and tastes so heavenly your neighbors will be knocking on your door. Be prepared to share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 large onion, cut into big wedges
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or mixture of oregano, basil, or other herbs)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 -3 cup chopped vegetables (optional, such as carrots, potatoes, parsnips, turnips, onion- whatever you like) (optional)
- 1Season roast on both sides with salt and pepper then brown on both sides in oil; place in crock pot.
- 2If using chopped vegetables, place beneath roast.
- 3In the pan you browned the roast, brown the onions and garlic until the onion wedges fall apart.
- 4In a mixing bowl, stir together onion, garlic and all remaining ingredients except optional vegetables.
- 5Cover roast with tomato mixture.
- 6Cover crock pot and set on low for 8-10 hours until roast is tender and the meat can twist out with a fork.
- 7Drain roast and veggies; thicken some of the sauce if you like or serve with other gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue's Super Simple Foolproof Delicious Crock Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.2
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 156.7 mg
- Sodium 829.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 43.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: