Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Looking for something different and delicious for breakfast? Look no further. These muffins will be a favorite in no time!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and blend until fluffy.
- Mix in the milk and the almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture, and blend until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and almonds.
- Fill the muffin cups to the top, and bake for 30 minutes.
Oh, do use all the nuts... They are awesome :) I have had these several times in the past few months and keep forgetting to review, so here goe. They are awesome muffins and with strawberries being in season, they are extra good!! Try some Recipe #128513 on them. It's so good!
EXCELLENT!! My only modification was : I used 1/2 cup almonds instead of 3/4 cups almonds. Any time you want to impress people use this recipe! I used fresh strawberries will try using this with frozen berries. UPDATE: I make these often. I usually add 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup yogurt (or sour cream).
My DD's and I made these for breakfast and we enjoyed them so much. My SIL demanded that my DD take the recipe home so she can make them for him! Quite a compliment coming from him :)