Recipe by Sarah Close
This classic Cajun dish is jazzed up with a combination of shrimp and crawfish. It is my Mom's creation. You can get all of the seafood needed for this dish from www.BigEasySeafood.com
Top Review by jem_12usaf
This recipe was easy to prepare and delicious! I added two boneless skinless chicken breast and one 15oz can of okra to the recipe for a more southern feel. Definately will cook again. Thanks.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb crayfish tails (or both) or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb shrimp (or both)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute celery, onion, red and bell peppers, parsley, and mushrooms in oil and butter until soft.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 1/4 cups boiling water and add to pot, along with soup, tomatoes, rice and crawfish/shrimp.
- Mix well, cover, and bake for 70 minutes, stirring well every 15 minutes.