1/16 Photos of Sue's Reuben Sandwich
Sue Lau's Note:
I love these. They are quick and easy to prepare for an easy lunch or light dinner idea, when you want to take it easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring corned beef and swiss cheese to room temperature.
- 2Heat sauerkraut until it is warmed to about 120-140 degrees.
- 3Prepare sandwich by first buttering one slice of bread on one side with 1 tbsp butter.
- 4Place bread, butter side down, in a small skillet.
- 5Follow with the following ingredients in this order: 1 slice of swiss cheese, followed by 4 oz.
- 6corned beef, followed by 1 1/2-2 tbsp (to taste) of Thousand Island dressing, followed by well drained and warmed sauerkraut,, followed by a pinch of either juniper berries or caraway, followed by the final piece of cheese.
- 7Top the sandwich with the last piece of bread and spread the other tbsp of butter on the outside of the bread.
- 8Heat the sandwich in the skillet on a med-low heat until the bottom side becomes golden; flip sandwich with spatula and lightly brown other side.
- 9Remove to plate and slice in half before serving.
- 10Serve with a dill spear and your favorite chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue's Reuben Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 966.8
- Calories from Fat 638
- Total Fat 70.9 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 230.6 mg
- Sodium 2539.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: