1 hr 5 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
If you have ever had this at the Olive Garden, you know what I mean when I say this is GOOD stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces shrimp, drained, reserving liquid
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained, reserving liquid
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed, and room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce (they use Barilla, drained to remove excess liquid)
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely shredded, for topping
- 1In a 2 quart sauce pan on med-low temp, heat olive oil and blend in flour.
- 2Add to flour, liquids from seafoods, and stir well.
- 3To sauce, add cubed cream cheese, salt, crushed garlic horseradish, and stir.
- 4until smooth.
- 5Add Asiago and Parmesan cheeses, and stir until smooth.
- 6When cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, add shrimp and crab. Let simmer until heated through.
- 7Add half and half a little at a time, until seafood sauce starts to simmer, and begins to resemble warm pudding.
- 8Let sauce simmer for 12 minutes, stirring frequently, so it will not scorch.
- 9In a shallow baking dish, 9" in diameter, spray and place drained Marinara sauce, and carefully spoon seafood sauce on top.
- 10Sprinkle with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 11Place in a preheated oven at 325, for 10 minutes.
- 12Dip should not be too browned on top. Keep an eye on it.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sue's Olive Garden Sam Remo Seafood Dip
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.4
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 270.2 mg
- Sodium 2264.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: