Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My wife, Sue doesn't cook much, but there are a few dishes that are her specialties. This meatloaf is one of them. I don't think the kiddos would eat any other meatloaf. We usually have it doubled or tripled. Having some for leftovers are a must.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄8 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- Put all ingredients into large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray so that the meat loaf does not stick.
- Form a loaf in a casserole dish.
- Cover with ketchup.
- Place into oven at about 400°F for about one to one-and-a-half hours.
- Easily doubled.
This is the easiest meatloaf recipe I've ever seen! It is really good and pretty kid-friendly too. To make it even easier I substitute a packet of onion soup mix for the oregano, onions, cumin, and pepper and I just mix the ketchup in with the rest of the mixture.