Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nothing could be better than Lobster Cakes for us lobster lovers. Great served as an appetizer, or as part of your dinner menu. Tasty and DELISH!
- 6 slices white bread
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 cups cooked lobsters, cut in small chunks
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion, pulp and juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- lemon wedge, as needed
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Melt margarine.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the margarine over the bread, and toss to coat. Let stand about 20 minutes or until margarine is absorbed.
- Chop lobster into small chunks. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks, lobster, onion, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into lobster mixture.
- Shape into 10 patties.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 1/4 cup margarine. Add patties and cook gently, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with lemon wedges.