Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Sue gave me this recipe to try. It's a GREAT recipe to have anytime. You can substitute ground turkey, or ground chicken, and even shredded chicken in this recipe, and it's very good! I have used whole wheat noodles, and they work well.
Top Review by wholelottagall
I wanted to make a lasagna to bring to work, as my boss was leaving, and I wanted something different from the regular ones with spaghetti sauce. This is the one I chose, and I have to tell you it is full of flavor and creamy and really delicious! I am so happy I made this one, as I got many compliments from people at work who had a piece. I had several people ask me for the recipe too! If you want to try it, DO because I tell you, you will be making it again and again, just like I plan to do!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 8 cups alfredo sauce (homemade or jar)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles. Drain, and set aside.
- Saute meat in a lg. non-stick pot, until cooked through.
- Add Alfredo Sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a well buttered casserole dish,.
- alternate layers of meat sauce, noodles, ricotta and cream, ending with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, and a light dusting of nutmeg.
- Bake for 45 mins, until bubbly around edgs.
- Let set 15 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.