Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sue had lived in London and got this recipe there. It is traditionally served on Rosh Hashana, symbolic of sweet wishes for a New Year. The recipe makes enough batter for 2 loaf shaped pans. I used glass pyrex pans and they were over cooked when baked the full hour. I think this tastes best after a few days so make ahead if possible!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease and flour a 9" X 13" loaf pan.
- Beat eggs and honey together. Add sugar and mix again.
- Mix coffee with baking powder, and then add margarine or butter to the egg mixture.
- Add baking soda, flour, cinnamon and beat together well.
- Pour into prepared pans, filling each half way up, and bake for 55-60 minutes.